Unlike DispatchLog, Dispatch is a separately managed application and requires that an administrator creates new accounts in both Perspective (if not already created) and Dispatch for all the users who will be accessing the Dispatch system.
Some key notes before you get started:
- Upon initial set up of Dispatch, one administrator account is automatically created. The owner of this account is responsible for creating all other initial user accounts in Dispatch, however, once additional administrator accounts are created, those administrators can also create user accounts. For more information on creating user accounts, see the Dispatch Administrator's Guide.
- To log into Dispatch, all users, including dispatchers, administrators, and officers must have a user account with login credentials in Perspective, in addition to their Dispatch accounts (person and officer records in Perspective are not sufficient).
- Profiles for dispatchers and administrators must be created manually in Perspective and Dispatch. Officers will also need to have an account manually created in Perspective, but we’ve created a tool that will automatically migrate those officer accounts from Perspective into Dispatch.
Specifically, when creating officer accounts in Dispatch, you have two options:
- Create new user accounts for each officer in Perspective, then create new accounts for those officers in Dispatch; or
- Use the officer migration tool to automatically create user accounts in Dispatch. The tool will migrate the officer's name, Perspective login information, default call sign (if selected), and default workgroup into Dispatch.
If you wish to use the officer migration tool:
Please carefully review our Migrating Your Officers from DispatchLog to Dispatch document for more information as there are important steps you'll need to take before the tool can be used. After you’ve reviewed the document and completed the steps outlined in the What do I need to do before I can use officer migration tool? section, contact Resolver Support. A technical support representative will confirm that you’ve completed all the necessary steps, then complete the migration process for you. Note that the Support team books migrations a minimum of two business days in advance.