The following error message occurs upon loading the ERA power client. Clicking No will grant the user access to ERA, however, the rich text fields will be grayed out.
This error occurs when ERA is installed using a Windows account that does not have sufficient permissions to the machine, which then prevents the Rich Text control from being registered at the time of installation. Users on the following operating systems may experience this error:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and later
- Windows 7 and later
To prevent the error, a user with Administrator privileges should install ERA, however, if this is not possible, the problem can often be resolved by following the steps in Option 1 below. In some cases, the problem may persist due to the User Access Control settings. If this is the case, follow the steps in Option 2.
Option 1: Run the Rich Text Batch File as an Administrator
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Methodware\lib\RichEdit
- Right-click on either the install.bat or mwrt.bat file (the file saved to your system depends on your version of ERA), then select Run as Administrator.
Option 2: Manually Register the Rich Text Component
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Methodware\lib\RichEdit.
- Copy the RICHTX32.OCX file and move it to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
- Navigate to Command Prompt, then right-click it and select Run as administrator.
- In Command Prompt, type regsvr32exe C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RICHTX32.OCX, then press Enter on your keyboard.