There is a known issue running ERA Java Client with the latest Oracle Java update, (Java 8 Update 131 (8u131)), which was released on April 18, 2017. This version introduces a new restriction on how MD5 signed JAR files are verified (you can read more about this recent update by viewing the release changes article on the Java website). As a result, the ERA JAR file does not currently meet the new minimum requirements and this causes the following error message to appear when attempting to login to the ERA Java Client:
We have updated the ERA JAR file to address the underlying issue and prevent this error. To apply the latest JAR file to your version of ERA:
- Open the ERA application server (where Middleware and IIS are installed).
- Navigate to the C:\inetpub\wwwroot folder, which is the default web directory.
- Remove the existing uiengine.jar file out of the wwwroot folder.
- Download the updated JAR file from the Resolver website by clicking this link.
- Place the updated JAR file in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot folder.
- Advise users to close their browsers and navigate to the ERA login page again to refresh.
The error should no longer occur and the login box should appear. If the error is still occurring, the JAR is likely still cached. Following the instructions in this article from the Java website, which explains how to clear the cache, then restarting the browser and opening the ERA login page again should resolve the issue.
If you've completed the above steps and the error persists, contact WRM Technical Support.