As of 9.7.3, WRM has replaced AppFabric with Redis, which is automatically installed and deployed with the latest WRM installer. By default, Redis receives traffic from any IP address, however, enabling an optional security feature ensures it receives traffic only from specific IP addresses. If the WRM website and Redis are not on the same machine, Resolver recommends enabling this feature by following steps below.
- Click the Windows icon and use the search function to open Services.
- Right-click the Redis service and select Properties.
- Note the Path to executable location in the Properties window. This is the location of the Redis configuration folder.
- Navigate to Redis configuration folder.
- Open the redis.windows-service.conf file with Notepad.
- Locate the line in the General section that appears similar to the following:
# bind 127.0.0.1
- Delete the # symbol and insert the IP address of the machine where the WRM website is installed. For example:
- If other applications are using the same Redis installation, add the IP addresses to this line, separating them with a space. For example:
bind 192.168.1.100 10.0.0.1
- Save your changes, then restart the Redis service.