- From within the workflow, click the Email Templates tab.
- Select a notification type:
- Responsible: Sends a notification to users who are responsible for updating the required fields.
- Informed: Sends a notification to provide updates to interested parties (usually Management), but does not require any action from the recipients.
- Immediate: Sends a notification immediately and not at a scheduled time. This is the only notification type that allows for customized subject lines.
- If you selected Responsible or Informed, select a frequency from the Frequency of Email dropdown menu:
- Nightly: Sends the notification every night at 12:00 am EST.
- 8 Hour: Sends the notification at 8:00 am, 4:00 pm, or 12:00 am EST. The time the notification is sent depends on the time of the transition (e.g. if the transition was completed at 3:00 pm, the notification will be sent at 4:00 pm).
- 4 Hour: Sends the notification at 4:00 am, 8:00 am, 12:00 pm, 4:00 pm, 8:00 pm, or 12:00 am EST. The time the notification is sent depends on the time of the transition (e.g. if the transition was completed at 10:30 am, the notification will be sent at 12:00 pm).
- Weekly: Sends the notification every Sunday.
- Monthly: Sends the notification on the 1st of every month.
- Configure the Template Name, Header Name, and/or Email Body and other settings in the template as needed.
- Click Save.
- Click the Email Notifications tab to display the transitions in the same order as they appear in the workflow.
- Click the pencil icon beside a transition to select it for the email notification and display the Email Transition Template.
- Select the Responsible, Informed, or Immediate tab.
- Select an existing template (see previous steps) from the Template Name dropdown menu.
- Select a role from the Responsible Recipients dropdown menu to choose which users will receive the notification.
- Click Add to save your changes.
Configure Workflow Email Notifications
Have more questions? Submit a request