Supervisor rights provide users with access to the Controls tab for Data Forms and DispatchLog (beyond initial data entry).
In the Data Forms, the Supervisor right allows users to:
- Edit the organizational rollup and Access Level Security.
- Change the record owner.
- Update the status of the record.
- Update Workgroup Visibility including:
- Changing the owner workgroup.
- Provide access to all other workgroups (None, Read, or Update)
- Provide access to a specific workgroup (Read or None)
- See a list of all workgroups in the system, even if they are not part of those workgroups, in order to transfer ownership of a record to another user. If the supervisor does not have access to the new workgroup, they will no longer be able to view the record after successful transfer.
- Add an outcome to an incident in terms of policy and corrective action.
- Add, edit, or delete reviews for incidents and cases.
- Add, edit, or delete assignments for activities, incidents, and cases.
In DispatchLog, the Supervisor right allows users to:
- See all active dispatches regardless of the workgroup, which then allows supervisors to transition the dispatch to another workgroup if necessary. Note that the Workgroup Filter function in DispatchLog allows users to display specific workgroups when necessary.
Grant Supervisor Rights
Supervisor rights can be granted at the role or individual user level. To grant these rights:
- Log into Perspective as an administrator.
- Click Administration.
- Click Roles or Users.
- Open the Role Rights tab or the User Rights tab.
- Click Edit.
- Select the Supervisor checkbox.
- Click Save.