Allow Override is a feature in Perspective Administration that allows system-level rights to be overridden at the Role or User level.
Privileges in Perspective cascade in the following order:
- System Privileges
To configure form visibility in Perspective:
- Log into Perspective with a user account that has access to Administration.
- Go to Administration > System Privileges.
- Click a form.
- Select one of the following combinations of checkboxes:
- Visible and Allow Override: Allow a form to be viewed system-wide and allow its visibility settings to be configured at the Role and User level.
- Visible only: Allow a form to be visible system-wide and disable visibility configuration at a Role or User level.
- Allow Override only: Allow a form to be hidden system-wide and allow its visibility to be configurable at a Role or User level.
- Leave both boxes unchecked: Hide a form system-wide and disable visibility configuration at the Role or User level.
- Click Save.
- Go to Administration > Roles.
- Click the Privileges tab.
- Click a form and select or deselect the Visible or Allow Override checkboxes to override the System Privileges settings.
- Repeat at the User level, as desired.
- Log out and log back in to view changes.