If you attempt to delete a lookup or rollup that has been used in Perspective, you will receive the following error:
"LOOKUPS Unable to delete. The value is referenced by other records."
Why does this happen?
Perspective will not allow you to delete any lookups or rollups that are referenced in your data forms in order to protect the integrity of your data.
Hide a Lookup or Rollup
Although you can't delete a lookup or rollup, you can remove its visibility. This will allow you to maintain your data for reference and reporting without using this field in future records.
To hide a lookup or rollup:
- Log in to Perspective with a user account that has access to the Administration section.
- Click Administration > Lookups.
- Select the lookup or rollup and click Edit.
- Go to the Visibility tab and uncheck the appropriate workgroups.
- Click Save.
- Log out and log back in to view your changes.