The following will show you how to add an additional database to your on premise Perspective installation. This is most commonly used for test and legacy sites.
The database must:
- Be available on your SQL Server;
- Have a SQL user available with DBO Server Role rights to the database; and
- Be the same version of Perspective as your Perspective Service Manager.
If you do not have access to your SQL server, your Database Administrator can confirm this for you.
To add a new database connection for Perspective:
- Open your Perspective application server.
- Right-click the Perspective Service Manager on your desktop. Click run as administrator.
- Click the Database tab.
- Click ADD.
- Click the Connection ID field. Name the database connection.
- Click the SQL Server field. Type the SQL Server Name. If your SQL server has a specific instance, type "\" followed by the instance name.
- Optional: Check the Primary Connection checkbox to make this the default database that comes up automatically when you sign in to Perspective.
- Click the SQL Authentication radio button and add the SQL DBO username and password.
- Click the Databases dropdown and select the database you want to add.
- Click OK.
- Optional: Click the Services tab and add the SQL Reporting connection information for this database.
- Click OK. Close the window.
- Restart IIS to ensure the changes take place.
- Open your Perspective client.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click the Database dropdown. Select your new database connection.
- Click the Back button in the Perspective login screen.
- Log in.