1. Before starting, verify that the database you wish to use is available on your SQL Server. You will also want to confirm that there is an SQL user associated to the database that has DBO Server Role rights. Please note: If you do not have access to the SQL, you will need to have your SQL Administrator confirm this for you.
2. After the database is available and accessible on the SQL Server, go to:
Start Menu\Programs\Perspective\Perspective Service Manager
3. Then go to the Database tab and select the ADD button.
4. A new window will pop up - where you will need to create a New Connection ID. This should be used to assist you with identifying the database.
5. Under the new Connection ID, type in the SQL Server Name and then a '\' then instance name if there is one.
6. You will have to choose whether you want this database to be the default database that comes up automatically when you sign in or if you want it to be an alternative option. If you want it to be the default, check the primary connection check box.
7. Then select the SQL Authentication radio button option. Place the SQL DBO user and password. Then go to the bottom and from the drop down, select the database that you want to add - and select OK.
8. If you wish to set up the SQL Reporting for this database - please note that you will need to configure the SQL Reporting in the Database Connection Window.
9. Select Ok. After you select OK, you will receive a pop up window where you will need to select OK again, and then close the window.
10. Reset your IIS once you have completed the steps to ensure that the changes take place.
11. To test the database availability, open your Perspective client. In the logon screen you will see in the top left hand corner a small white circle.
12. By right clicking on the circle, you can open up your Perspective connection settings window - where you can change your URL and select the database you wish to use.
13. Once you have updated your URL and Database name, please select 'Test' to ensure your changes are successful. If successful, select OK, and you should be able to Login to the new database.