To Install Hotfix Release, perform these steps to back up your RiskVision server and apply the hotfix.
- Back up the Database Using a command window on the RiskVision Database server host
- Login with Administrator credentials, back up your data with the following command, all on one line:
- %AGILIANCE_HOME%\MySql\bin\mysqldump -uroot -p<root password> --database Agiliance --add-drop-database --max_allowed_packet=1MB --single-transaction > Agiliance.sql
- This command will back up your data to the file Agiliance.sql
- Copy this file to the backup directory.
- Back up the RiskVision Configuration Using a command window on the RiskVision server host, logged in with Administrator credentials, back up your application configuration by copying these files and directories to the backup directory:
- %AGILIANCE_HOME%\install\package.zip %AGILIANCE_HOME%\install\toolbox.zip
- %AGILIANCE_HOME%\Tomcat\webapps\spc.war %AGILIANCE_HOME%\config
- %AGILIANCE_HOME%\Apache2 %AGILIANCE_HOME%\MySql
Backup these %AGILIANCE_HOME% files on each host in an n-Tier RiskVision installation (that is, where Apache, Tomcat and the database are installed on different servers).
- Download new files Obtain the hotfix from RiskVision support and place the new files, except the license and readme files, in %AGILIANCE_HOME%\install directory on each RiskVision host. Place the license file in the %AGILIANCE_HOME%\config directory. The new license will overwrite the old file, but the old file was backed up in the previous step. Note: A missing or old license file will cause the upgrade process to stop. To ensure a fast and smooth upgrade, make sure that the new license file is in place before proceeding.
- Close open connections On the RiskVision server, close any of the following that is open
- msc (the Windows Services application)
- Web browsers (including RiskVision
- MySQL sessions
- Applications accessing RiskVision log files
- RiskVision connectors and other utilities
- Install the hotfix Make sure that RiskVision services, such as MySQL, are up and running. Run Start > Programs > RiskVision Server > RiskVision Server Upgrade on each host in an n-tier system, or on the RiskVision server in a single-tier system. The upgrade wizard appears. On the second page, select Use existing data. If this is not selected, the contents of the database will be overwritten. Check Update static (3rd party) libraries to upgrade staticlib.zip. Click Next to continue and follow the instructions on the subsequent wizard pages. On the final page, click Install to begin the upgrade process, which will open one or more command windows.
The upgrade process can take several hours. Depending on the size of your data, the upgrade might take four to five hours, but this is only an estimate. The output of the upgrade process is written to %AGILIANCE_HOME%\install\install.log.
- Configure Tomcat In an n-Tier installation, the hotfix overwrites the server.xml file on the Tomcat server.
- To correct the configuration, navigate to %AGILIANCE_HOME%\Tomcat\conf Open server.xml with a text editor
- Change the following line from Connector address="127.0.0.1" To Connector address="0.0.0.0"
- Restart the Tomcat service