Procedure: Messaging that warns users of a future system outage and messaging that the server is down to system maintenance are both available in RiskVision.
A) Provides users a display message on the login page which can be used to inform them of a future outage.
- Open the agiliance.properties file located in %Agiliance_Home%/config
- Add the following property in the agiliance.properties file: ui.login.informationText =testmessage. Modify the "testmessage" accordingly
- In the Administration > Commands tab, click Reload button to reload the server configuration
B.) Provides user a display message when the Tomcat service is brought down for maintenance.
- Open 503.html file located in the %Agiliance_Home%\apache2\htdocs\errors
- Modify this file using standard HTML to contain the desired message
- Restart the Apache2 service. This will log off your users, so consider doing this when users are not logged in to the system
- You must leave the Apache2 service running in order for the message to display correctly