Users may see a "Permission Denied" message when they don't have permission to view an item in the Manage By hierarchy, despite having ownership of an item above or below it in the hierarchy. This often occurs as the result of the user's role lacking visibility to the item. Administrators can follow the steps below to adjust the role's visibility settings.
- Log into GRC Cloud as an administrator
- Click Administration > Roles.
- Click the appropriate role in the Roles List to display the General, Permissions, and Role Membership settings.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Select the item type or sub-type from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Read or Edit radio buttons for the Name and Description fields. These settings are the minimum requirements to grant the user permission to view the item.
- Select the Read or Edit radio buttons for the remainder of the fields as needed.
- Click Save.