Knowing how to transition workflow states can save time and effort, especially during quarterly or year-end reviews. You can use a Hierarchical Report to transition workflow states in bulk.
- Open the Hierarchical Report Builder.
- Select the Starting Location and Item Types.
- Select the Entity Tab.
- From the Select the columns to display screen, select the workflow you want to transition and any additional criteria you need.
- Click Generate Report.
- The report will display your location items and the workflow column.
- Hover your mouse over a workflow state you want to transition.
- Click the icon to edit.
- Select the All Items in this State checkbox.
- Select the desired state.
All items that were in the original workflow state will transition to the selected state. For example, the items in Test State 4 have now moved to Test State Archived.
Note: You must notify process owners before bulk transitioning workflows states.
Administrators should not transition states during the Period End process. During a Period End, the Reset Workflow option located in the location tree should be used.