Resolver will be discontinuing support for TLS (Transport Layer Security) 1.0 and 1.1 for Perspective hosted customers in January 2019. We will provide notice before removing support for these TLS versions. To prepare for this change, we’ve set up a test Perspective site that does not support TLS 1.0 and 1.1.
What Does This Mean?
If your company is not TLS 1.2 compliant, you will not be able to access Perspective.
Why Are We Discontinuing Support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1?
TLS 1.2 will provide the best possible security for your organization and its data, and is mandated by the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Perspective & TLS 1.2
To test Perspective and ensure you're TLS 1.2 compliant:
Please provide the following information to your IT team:
- Open Internet Explorer 11 or Edge.
- Go to the following URL:
- US Customers: https://tls-12-us.myincidents.com/Perspective/
- Canadian Customers: https://tls-12-ca.myincidents.com/Perspective/
- European Customers: https://tls-12-eu.myincidents.com/Perspective/
- Click the P to open Perspective.
- Click Open, if prompted.
- Click Settings.
- Enter your Business ID. This is the company name in your regular Perspective URL. For example, if your URL is resolver.myincidents.com, your Business ID would be Resolver. Do not change the Service URL.
- Click the Database dropdown and select a database. We recommend using Training.
- Click Back.
- Log into Perspective.
If you can log into Perspective, you are TLS 1.2 compliant.
If you’re unable to open this test site or launch Perspective, your computer or network policy may not support TLS 1.2 as a client.
If you’re unable to launch the ClickOnce client and are using the Perspective MSI or another software deployment, you may use your own client. Launch Perspective and modify the Service URL to use the ones above.
For further assistance, contact Resolver Support.
Along with the changes to TLS 1.2, Resolver will also be upgrading the hosted environment for DispatchLog.
Note: The following only applies to hosted customers using Dispatchlog. Disregard these instructions if you are using Dispatch.
If you have network policies in place that require an outbound firewall whitelist for Dispatchlog, the IP address must be updated to include the three IP addresses below, specific to your region.
Once your IT team has whitelisted the IP addresses, log into the Perspective Test URL to ensure DispatchLog works for you.
TCP port 808
Perspective Test URL: https://tls-12-us.myincidents.com/Perspective/
TCP port 808
Perspective Test URL: https://tls-12-ca.myincidents.com/Perspective/
TCP port 808
Perspective Test URL: https://tls-12-eu.myincidents.com/Perspective/