The Change Log Tab
The Change Log tab contains a complete record of the user actions performed on each item. The tab displays the date, name of the performing user, and description of each action in chronological order with the most recent action displayed first. In regards to changes made with the rich text editor, the Description column will display new text as being highlighted in green while deleted text will be redlined. This makes it easier to quickly identify and understand the changes made to rich text. The Change Log tab is used for audit purposes only and cannot be modified, though archived change logs may be cleared.
The Change Log tab is activated for non-Admin users by default with an option to deactivate it. The Log does not record administrative actions such as role permission building or framework building.
To access the Change Log tab:
Navigate to Manage > By Location Framework.
Select the item you wish to view the change log for.
Click the Change Log tab on the right-hand side of the screen.
The Audit Trail
The audit trail provides administrators with a list of all user activity that has occurred on the application to date. It displays the date and time of the activity, the item the activity concerns, the name of the user who performed the activity, and a brief description of the activity. In regards to changes made with the rich text editor, the Change Description column will display new text as being highlighted in green while deleted text will be redlined. This makes it easier to quickly identify and understand the changes made to rich text. The audit trail is used for audit purposes only and cannot be modified, though archived audit trails may be cleared.
The audit trail does not record administrative actions such as the workflow building of states, triggers, transitions, or emails. The audit trail records the following actions:
- Creating and deleting items
- Moving and duplicating items
- Adding criteria, function calculations, and attachments to the system
- Exporting items offline
- Changing workflow states
- Updating to and from the library
- Changing permissions for workflows and the role builder
- Changing passwords
- Creating, deleting, and modifying attributes of roles, groups, and users
To access the Audit Trail:
- Click on the menu icon in the top-right of the screen.
- Click Audit Trail. The Report tab will be loaded by default and display all user actions in chronological order.
- To narrow the search:
- Click the Filters tab in the upper-left.
- Type the name of the affected item in the Name field.
- Enter the range of dates the activity was performed during in the After and Before fields in the Date Modified section.
- To select the user or user group that performed the activity:
- Click the Edit button in the Modified By section.
- Select all the desired users or user groups from the list.
- To search only for activities that have not been cleared, check the Non-Deleted Items checkbox in the Deleted Status section.
- Click the Filter button.