Our language packs includes a dictionary, default labels, system lookup values, and the launch page (except for the Perspective logo and copyright information). It does not include a User Guide, Admin Guide, or any documentation. It will use the pre-configured default English help file paths. You must have access to Administration and Language Configuration to deploy a language pack.
The following steps will guide you through the language deployment process.
On the IIS server that is hosting Perspective:
Before starting, please do a database back up.
1. Navigate to the folder in your computer where you saved the Language pack.
2. Extract the language folder from the zip file into the Languages folder in the Perspective Services virtual directory.
The default location should be C:\inetpub\wwwroot\[Perspective Release]\PerspectiveServices\Languages\[Language Folder]. In the folder, you should have the following files: [language].zip (dictionary), LanguagePackUpdate.sql (labels and lookups), and Resource.xml (launch page translation).
Note: Once you have deployed the folder, you will see the English and the other language(s) options in the drop-down on Perspective’s Launch screen.
In the Perspective Client:
Note: It is recommended to do a database backup prior to updating a language (if this has not been done before).
3. To change the language from English to something else in Perspective, go to Administration in the Navigation pane.
4. Expand the Language node in the Listing pane.
5. Click on the Configuration tab.
6. Select a Language to apply the language labels to.
7. Change the Dictionary drop-down to your preferred language and click Save.
Note: It is recommended to keep the Base Language set to English because it affects the
System Administrator, and it also makes it easier for Tech Support to find any problems.
8. When the pop-up appears, asking if you want to save your changes and proceed, click Yes.
9. Click OK when it prompts you to update the labels.