Perspective language packs include a dictionary, default labels, system lookup values, and the launch page (except for the Perspective logo and copyright information). They do not include a User Guide, Admin Guide, or any documentation, but use the pre-configured default English help file paths. The following steps will guide you through the language pack deployment process.
Note: You must have access to the Administration and Language Configuration sections to deploy a language pack. If you're using Dispatch, you must log in to Dispatch at least once before completing the steps below.
To deploy a language pack:
Back up your Perspective database before starting.
- Open the IIS server that is hosting Perspective.
- Navigate to the folder in your computer where you saved the Language pack.
- Extract the language folder from the zip file into the Languages folder in the Perspective Services virtual directory.
The default location is:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\[Perspective Release]\PerspectiveServices\Languages\[Language Folder]
In the folder, you should have the following files: [language].zip (dictionary), LanguagePackUpdate.sql (labels and lookups), and Resource.xml (launch page translation).
Note: Once you have deployed the folder, you will see English and the other language options in the dropdown on Perspective’s Launch screen.
- Log in to Perspective as a user with administrative privileges.
- Click Administration in the Navigation pane.
- Expand the Language node in the Listing pane.
- Click Configuration.
- Select a language that's not in use.
- Change the Dictionary dropdown to your preferred language and click Save.
Note: It's recommended to keep the Base Language set to English because it affects the System Administrator's settings and will make it easier for Support to help you resolve any issues.
- Click Yes.
- Click OK.
- Log out and log back in.