Perspective gives you the option to provide your users with different administrative access, depending on your needs. Role privileges can be configured in the Roles section of Administration, while user privileges can be configured in the Users section of Administration.
Selecting the Administrator checkbox in the Role Rights or User Rights tab provides a user with administrative rights in Perspective. Specifically, the Administrator right grants access to:
- System Privileges
Any access to other administration options is managed through additional privilege options, either through System Privileges or through individual Role/User Privileges.
You can grant users or roles with the right to access certain components by turning on the visibility in the Privileges tab in either Roles or Users, including:
- Auditing: Run Audit Searches on your system.
- Flags: Edit or delete flags and configure Flag Codes, Flag Descriptions, and Flag Images.
- Account Policies: Set up password policies including length, uniqueness, format, and age.
- Currencies: Access to add, edit, or delete currencies available in your system.
- General: Allows the users to configure the following:
- General Identifier Formats for Incident, Case, and Activity numbering.
- Default measurement systems (metric or standard).
- Organization name for your company (the default organization name and logo for reports, unless set up at the Role or User Level).
- Default font.
- Privacy statement or legal notice display settings.
- Configuration: Access to configure new language options.
- Form Labels: Set up Form Labels.
License Management: Review a list of logged in users and end sessions as necessary.
Lookups: Set up, edit, or delete any Lookup in the system.
Officers: Set up, edit, or delete Officers available in Dispatch.
SOPs: Set up, edit, or delete SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) in Dispatch.
Visual Alerts: Set up, edit, or delete Visual Alerts in Dispatch.
Grant Administrator Rights
Administrator rights can be granted at the role or individual user level. To grant these rights:
- Log into Perspective as an administrator.
- Click Administration.
- Click Roles or Users.
- Open the Role Rights tab or the User Rights tab.
- Click Edit.
- Select the Administrator checkbox.
- Click Save.